We are located 30 minutes west of Paso Robles on Lake Nacimiento California. Our Friesian & Gypsy horses enjoy daily turnout on our 440 acre ranch where they choose for themselves to either seek shelter inside the barn or roam & graze. The Oak studded rolling hills offer a host of nutritious indigenous natural grasses & wildflowers to graze upon. Their lifestyle mimics life centuries ago with the exception of care. We call them in each evening for their grain, inspecting them all for ticks, nicks or scrapes & blanketing on the excessively chilly nights. They live as a small herd and are allowed the freedom to mingle and work through the politics of the natural pecking order to establish their place within the herd.
Changing Lives One Horse at a time!
My personal goal is to share our beauties for the purpose’s of enhancing their lives as well as healing & bringing JOY to the lives of those seeking the Friesian experience. For some it’s merely seeing a Friesian in person. For others it’s a relationship, playing, grooming, walking, riding, etc. Each member of our small herd has a gentle demeanor. They love attention and seek companionship. We welcome those seeking a deeper understanding of horses, the Friesian breed or of themselves as each of our horses possess the magical calming qualities necessary for a healing experience, spiritual growth, understanding the value of transparent communication & transformation if desired.
Jeanine Gigi Greene-Founder
Spring 2014 Update: 2013 bought many changes to past activities & affiliations due to a permanent move from Southern Cal to a very small Rural community in Central California. The lack of population alone has drastically reduced the amount of exposure the horses receive in that fewer opportunities exist to utilize their gifts. Our 2014 Goal is to build relationships with local schools, families, treatment & outreach programs & Individuals having the desire to take place in “experiential” Equine Assisted healing sessions. We are also hoping to establish a new local board of Directors with local horse practitioners .Please feel free to contact us with inquiries.
Equine affiliations past & present:
- Fhana member (Friesian Horse Assoc. of N.America) in good standing since 2003
- IFSHA member ( International Friesian Horse Show Assoc, )
- CDS (California Dressage Society)
- USEF & USDF member
- So. Cal Friesian Assoc.
- Narha/Path - A Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship.
- Back Country Horseman’s Association, Las Padres unit.
- HIGH & H.I.P. CERTIFIED (Horse Inspired Growth & Healing & Horse Inspired Psychotherapy)-California recognized Certification through Big Heart Ranch, S. Landolphi , LMFT
- 2010-2012-Volunteer & “Instructor in Training” at “Ride to fly” therapeutic horseback riding and the associated learning experiences for children and adults with disabilities.
- 2010-2012-Volunteer-South Bay wildlife Rehab in Palos Verdes, Cal ( Raptor rehabilitation)
- Volunteer at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, Cal. I had the honor of being a student under their wrangler on a part time basis, learning the art of gentling some of their wild horses for adoption purposes. Gentling is learning their language, quieting their minds, building their trust in you in order to get the first human hand on them , halter & begin leading & teaching ground manners. It’s about communication & respect, honoring their spirit and showing through kindness & gentility to trust & desire a relationship with us. Enjoyable & Humbling!
- Volunteer at Big Heart ranch: 2013 Equine Assisted Therapy program catering to Both the “Wounded Warrior Foundation” & “Save A Vet” Veterans as well as several treatment center groups. Pacific Equine Friesian Rescues horses were also used in the programs through 2013.
- 6 years all breed equine rescue assistance re-homing mostly owner surrendered horses.
- Until 2013 we enjoyed riding local parades , state Fairs, group rides, but trail riding is our favorite past time!
- I am an advocate of natural horsemanship, resistance-free training & opening channels for successful communication between horses and their humans.
Creston Veterinary Service Inc. DR. Kristina Grewal
Creston, CA 93432
Ranch farrier :
Tommy- welcomes inquiries
Lynch Canyon Rd, Bradley Ca, 93426